List Of Publications
“The Idea of the Nation Was Superior to Race”:
Transforming Racial Contours and Social Attitudes and Decolonizing the French Empire from
La Réunion, 1946–1973
To read, click here
Special Issue: South Africa & India Towards Closer Scholarly Ties
- Africa/India: Culture and Circulation in the Indian Ocean
Special Issue: scrutiny2
- South African Historical Journal
Special Issue: Re-imagining The Disciplines
- Journal of Asian and African Studies
Special Issue: South Africa – India: Connections & Comparisons
- “The Blindness of Insight: Why Communalism in India is about Caste”, in T.N.Srinivasan ed. The future of Secularism (New Delhi: Oxford University Press, 2006) reprinted in Indian Political Thought: A Reader ed. Akash Rathore and Silika Mohapatra (Delhi: Routledge, 2010)
- “A Local Cosmopolitan: Kesari Balakrishna Pillai and the invention of Europe for Kerala”, in Sugata Bose and Kris Manjapra ed. Cosmopolitan Thought Zones (London: Palgrave Macmillan, 2010)
- Pamila Gupta, Isabel Hofmeyr Michael Pearson (eds), Eyes Across the Water: Navigating the Indian Ocean (Pretoria: UNISA Press/Delhi: Penguin India, 2010).
- Isabel Hofmeyr and Michelle Williams (eds), South Africa and India: Shaping the Global South (Johannesburg: Witwatersrand University Press, 2011).